When we talk about home security, we always think about the possible robberies that we can suffer when we are absent. But this is a bit far from reality. Home security must also be taken into account when we are in the inside our houseFor example, if our elders fall while taking a shower or if our son drinks a toxic product.
For this reason, we bring you this blog, so that you can look at the possible dangers that we can find so much inside and outside our home.
1. Security against theft
In Spain, the robberies with force in homes, have been shot in recent years. Having an upward trend since 2015. More than 70% of robberies with force are made in single-family homes and chalets, although apartment blocks are not exempt from this either.
The security of our home is not only in the hands of state security forces and bodies and approved security companies, safety is everyone's responsibility. Therefore, we give you a few tips on how to improve security in the event of a possible theft:
- If you go on vacation, share the photos once you return.
- Secure the doors and windows.
- Ask a neighbor to move the blinds and turn on the lights.
- Secure valuables and take inventory.
2. Safety inside
These previous tricks will help us to keep thieves away or at least to complicate things for them, but also, it is also important to take other measures to keep our home safe, these related to the maintenance and internal security of our home.
- Perform gas/light/water reviews.
- Periodically check stopcocks
- Have taken out home insurance.
- Install smoke detection system.
2.1 Child safety
When we have children, their safety is the most important thing. We install the cots as safe and ergonomic as possible, the car seat, the stroller. Therefore, we leave you different things that we can do at home to increase your security at home.
- Beware of poisoning, leave products far from your hand.
- Prevent falls, move the crib away from windows, place blockers and bars.
- Watch when they are near the pools.
- Do not give toys that can cause suffocation.
- Protect plugs.
2.2 Safety for the elderly
The elderly are another risk factor. in homes as well as children. On some occasions, the consequences for them can be even worse than those of the smallest. Below we leave you some safety recommendations that we can install at home to improve your day to day.
- Remove carpets.
- remove obstacles
- Place handrails and grab bars.
- Accompany and help them in the WC
- We must be especially careful with dementia and medication.
If you want to know more
We hope this post has been useful to you and that improve security in your home. From Cartagena Homes we strongly recommend that you give it the importance it deserves since you will be able to save yourself many scares in your life. Contact us and we will help you carry out any procedure related to it.
On the other hand, if you want to continue discovering elements of the real estate world, do not hesitate to read the rest of the publications in our real estate blog.